Brand Networks simplifies social, delivering award-winning social advertising software and services to enterprise customers throughout the world. We are proud to be one of the few companies in the industry formally recognized as an early Snapchat Partner, Instagram Marketing Partner, Pinterest Marketing Developer Partner, LinkedIn Sponsored Updates and Custom Apps partner, and Twitter Ads API Developer.
Reporting to the EVP, Finance, Brand Networks’ Controller is responsible for the oversight of all accounting, reporting, and treasury activities. The Controller leads a team of 4 – 6 individuals and is consistently involved with projects supporting all departments within the Company.
The Controller leads the day-to-day accounting and reporting operations including functional responsibility over accounting, treasury, accounts payable, accounts receivable, compliance, and tax. The Controller ensures that Brand Networks has the systems and processes in place to support the business, complies with all regulations, and timely meets deadlines. The Controller works closely with the sales, engineering and delivery teams to educate them on accounting procedures and to ensure the finance function continues to support the business.
The Controller will partner with the EVP, Finance and Senior Director, Finance, human resources (HR), information technology (IT) and various external advisors to enhance and better integrate the accounting, finance, HR, and IT functions.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems to ensure books and records are compliant with US GAAP, the Internal Revenue Code, and various financial and regulatory requirements (federal, state, local, and international).
- Analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitor financial results and ensure the executive team is appropriately aware of changes in financial position.
- Review all budgets and compare to actual results with a view to identify, explain, and correct variances as appropriate.
- Manage treasury and cash flow forecasting by working across the business to manage inflows and outflows; support executive management in continuous efforts to manage debt facilities, vendor terms and other working capital drivers.
- Coordinate, and timely deliver all financial statement, tax, benefit plan, and other audit activity
- Assist the Senior Director, Finance in the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting processes
- Maintain and enhance internal controls.
- Analyze existing and new company products, services and activities to ensure compliance with evolving GAAP, including, but not limited to: ASC 605 Revenue Recognition, ASC 718 Share-based payments, ASC 450 Contingencies, ASC 815 Derivatives and hedging, ASC 350 Intangibles – Goodwill and other, ASC 360 Accounting for the impairment or disposal of long-lived assets, ASC 805 Business combinations, ASC 740 Income Tax.
- Assist with the integration of future acquisitions and other strategic initiatives, as needed.
- Support the EVP, Finance in engaging the board of directors and executive management around accounting issues and project-based work, as needed.
- Coordinate communication and reporting with various external parties including banks, vendors and customers.
- Leverage strengths of the accounting team, help to clarify roles and responsibilities and assist in HR efforts to maximize and reach optimal individual and organizational goals.
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization; promote a positive and supportive work environment.
- Represent the Finance and Accounting function as a leader, both internally and externally, with a professional and a service-oriented mentality.
The Controller will be a mature leader with eight to twelve years of accounting and operational experience. Ideally, the candidate will have a combination of experience in public accounting at a national firm and operational experience at a growth-stage technology company.
- Proven leader, problem solver, and ability and desire to roll up your sleeves.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and commitment.
- Hands-on strategic thinker who will own the responsibility for the accounting and treasury functions.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, or other business field; CPA preferred.
- Ability and desire to research complex transactions in light of US GAAP, implement procedures to properly account for them and communicate such to the executive team and auditors.
- Solid experience coordinating audit activities and managing financial reporting, treasury, and general ledger functions.
- Extensive experience with supporting the financial planning and analysis function.
- Operational experience with accounting and ERP systems; NetSuite preferred.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office suite (Excel proficiency a necessity).
- Commitment to recruiting, mentoring, training, and retaining a diverse team along with the foresight and ability to delegate accordingly.